If you have notice some PC /Laptop hibernation option is not visible under the power management. I was curious to find out same problem occurring in my laptop as well. Further search revealed it’s a matter of enable or disable it via running few commands from the command prompt 🙂 But again windows annoying UAC come into the picture so we need make sure we run the commands under proper privilege. The steps are as follows,
1. Click Start, All Programs, and then right click on "Command Prompt".
2. From the context menu click on "Run as administrator".
3. If User Account Control prompts you to allow the action, click on Continue.
4. In the command prompt window, type "powercfg –h off" (or "on" without the quotes) followed by Enter button.
4. Close the Command Prompt windows and go the power management settings in the control panel Now you can see hibernation option is available for you.